Monday, January 12, 2015

Hola Familia


Heeeeyyy guuuyyzzz,
   Well, first sorry about last week. Parents, I haven't read your emails yet, but I'm sure they will be exactly what I need to hear. I just kinda broke I suppose. I always forget though that Heavenly Father has surronded me with angels, and it's just time that I start seeing it more. I can't believe that this transfer is almost over. It seriously flew by. Probably because it has been the hardest on my mission so far. But it's ok, because I am still happy, and just learning how to deal with my stress.
   We had a good week I suppose. It is a little bit trickier working in two areas, but we had a lot of miracles that happened, so I know that Heavenly Father is recognizing our efforts and helping us see the differences that He is making in the lives of others. A man we have been teaching in Victoria accepted to be baptized!! And we are also going to Quebec this weekend for exchanges and another zone training meeting. Wish us luck!
   One thing that I have been learning this week, is working out problems in a companionship. President Patrick nailed it in his weekly letter this week, he said that around the fourth week of a transfer missionaries start writing in requests for the next transfer. Something I have been trying to learn though that he expressed as well is that if you have a problem, you fix it then. You don't wait until transfers. Transfers don't happen in the real world. So one of my comps and I really just hashed it out this week and did our best to work out some of the problems that we have been having. It has definitely helped things go a lot better. It's still a bit tough out here, but I'm doing my best to not make the issue any worse. Like Megan, I am so so so beyond the valley of the thankful people that I do not have to marry a girl. If I did... ho boy would there be some mega trouble. I guess what is cool about choosing friends is that you choose people you like and want to spend time with. It's pretty cool too with companions too though, because you learn that there are actually a lot more people that it's possible you'll like. I'm glad that my companions and I can be open with each other. I am also glad that I have stopped just wishing this transfer would end. The trio thing hasn't been so bad though. Our new companion Hermana Gentil is super funny and helps us stay mellowed out. Something that I have really really needed. Who knew I could get so up tight? Probs everyone and I was just super blind to it. Who knows.
   Anyway, we ate at this super awesome Mexican place today and it was just off the chain and rollin. I could eat like twenty of their tacos. Or empanadas (however that's spelled). Also, have you people eaten Valentina hot sauce? I don't know if I have already talked about it, but it is pure divine. Mmmhmm.
   One thing that I was able to realize today, thanks to a really awesome mission friend that I have made, is that it is about time I stop holding myself back. I really am my worst enemy. I feel like things are hard, and whatnot, but that was expected. But the adversary does a heck of a job at getting us mega down about it. I feel like there is tonz I have to say, I just can't really explain what has been changing for me. What I do know though is that there is power and authority that came with my calling. And the blessing of using that power and authority is conditional to my faithful performance (see Preach My Gospel page four or somewhere around there). Before my studies I prayed to Heavenly Father and asked Him to let me know if the church was still true. He said yes. I don't know if you have all seen it lately in the Hastening of the Work stuff, just things about how we have to be doing missionary work, etc. But one thing I hope we always remember is the why. Why are we supposed to do it? Because we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father, and not everyone knows that. We have to tell them. People say a lot things like, "the church has changed my life."But I always want to know how when people say that, because not everyone explains. Well, I became a full time missionary June 25th of 2014, although come the end of this year I will no longer be set apart, I will always be a missionary. Because the church has changed my life. How, you may be asking? Because I have used the atonement in my life, and I know that it changes people. I am pretty good at saying the words, "I'm sorry," but I haven't always been the best at actually changing after. But I know, with the atonement, we can really change. It starts with a desire though. There have been things that I haven't been able to change about myself yet, and I beat myself up all of the time thinking, "why am I not different?" It's because until now, I haven't really desired to be. Because if we truly want to change and be better, we will turn to the Savior and we will do it with Him. We cannot do it alone. I know that I have struggled with things on my mission because I haven't been willing to change my desires. But, when I accepted my call, I said I would give my heart, might, mind, and strength and I think it's about time that I started doing it. Don't just tame the natural man, but kill him (thanks mission friend). The greatest news is, despite all of our weaknesses and shortcomings, we do not have to change and be better alone. The Savior is there. He always has been and he always will be. I know that that is true. I see it everyday, in myself and in others. It's what is starting to truly motivate me to do this work, and desire to be better. Suzy came out on a mission, but she won't be coming home. I know I was mega dope before, but I have glimpsed my potential, and like the rest of you, who I was before is nothing compared to who I can be when I turn to our Savior. I love him. 
   I hope you all are doing well! I love and miss you and hope that you have the strength to keep growin' and changin'. Remember who you are and that you're worth it! I love you all!
Godspeed,
Soeur Kinghorn

No comments:

Post a Comment