Monday, January 26, 2015

Ask the question!


Hello Errbody,

I was just flippin through my planner to try and find a groovy subject for my email, and I found that phrase (ask the question!) so I decided to write that. It was about this message that we are showing to the members, and sometimes I don't have the courage to just ask the question. So I encouragingly wrote it out to help myself. Anyway, in much less boring news...

Everything is just ho hum pigs bum as normal. Except in a good way, in case you took that in a negative type of way. Things have been heatin up here. Literally as in weather wise, and in work wise. It has been weirdly hot aka -13 or so. But it's all good. Let's just hope it doesn't rain again because then it will just turn into pure ice everywhere again. I think I forgot to tell you all about that, but this place sometimes just becomes like a giant glass place. I didn't really know how to end that last sentence.. So anyway..

We were able to talk to and meet some way sweet people this week. One lady was a referral from the Spanish Elders in our area, and her name is Bintou. She was so so kind. She told us that when she first met the elders she was super afraid and just wasn't sure if they were real missionaries or not. But for some reason when they asked for her name and address to visit her again she gave it to them. Then when she went home she told her soon to not open the door for anyone and kept looking out the window at the elders to see if they had gone away. She felt like someone was after her or something. So you can imagine how it went when we showed up at her door unannounced. Her son was behind the door asking who it was, and I just kept saying that we were the missionaries. And you could hear them like shuffling around not sure of what to do. Then finally she just answered and good news for us we aren't too scary looking (or so I tell myself), so she let us come in. Cool thing though, we asked her where she was from and she said Birkina Fassau (African country with a hard name to spell), and after I said, I know the world is pretty big, but is there any chance you know Elie and Eliatha (the recent converts in our ward)? And she said, with the little daughter Angela? Yeah I know them! It is so crazy. All of the people from Cameroon know the other people from Cameroon. And all of the people from Birkina Fassau, know the people from Birkina Fassau. So that was super funny, and she just said, now I know you are from God! That was nice for sure. We shared the Christmas message with her because it's just so good, and she said she would start reading the Book of Mormon, It was so cool. Our day on Saturday really was just super miraculous. I realized that we have been blessed for so long, but I am just finally starting to see it, which is making things go a ton better. So I just learned that most of the time I'll probably just have to change my attitude and count my blessings and things will get better.

Transfers were this week too. So Hermana Gentil is back to Victoria with her new companion. They both are from French so they speak French in the apartment. It's super sweet. I feel super lame speaking with them because they are really good. But I am going to start so that my French can get better too.

Things are good with my comp. We just decided that we always have to be 290% open with each other. That means that we just talk alllllll day haha. But it's all good. Keeps us happy I suppose. She taught us how to make puposas this week, and they are pretty good. I taught her how to make rice. Just messin hopefully no one is confused on how to make rice.

We had stake council yesterday and it went super well. Our stake president is just a ball of inspiration. So that meeting went super well. I think I might stay here for a bit longer (maybe a transfer or two), then I think I might be moving on, because after all the craziness of last transfer, I am starting to feel pretty comf. We'll see I guess.

I started that gratitude journal you sent, Mo. It has been awesome! I love writing in it! It makes me soooo much happier. It's a great way to finish off the day. I also read this quote once and I wanted to share it, "You can never get enough of what you don't need, because what you don't need will never satisfy you." And as the Quebecoise would say, "that's it that's all." There's not much else to say about the first quote because it pretty much is right to the point. But since I am here I guess I'll talk about it anywaze. There are tonz of things in life that we don't need. Macdoe (McDonalds), pizza, boyfriends when we're young, etc. but we always want them and seek after them with all of our time and efforts (maybe not the pizza, but you can come up with your own list of things you don't need). If we just kind of sorted through the boxes of our lives and focused on the things that are really important, like the gospel, we would probably have a lot less stress and be a lot happier. That's something I am trying to work on for the moment. And after all, "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
Love you! Til we meet again!
Love,
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment