Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Church is True


Chere famille et mes amis,
   Hey guys, just in case you forgot, I thought I'd let you know that the church is true. I figured that out again this week for about the fiftieth+ time. So that was awesome. This week was seriously so crazy. We had so many meetings, but with miracle after miracle we were able to get all of the things done that we needed to and wanted to in our area. Seriously, it is hard to explain how the work here goes, but trust me when I say, that the Lord's hand is in every single aspect of it. I can't tell you how many prayers I said to receive help and in some way it came. I am so blessed! And then, yesterday I was thinking, I am just one missionary, but even more simply, I am just one of Heavenly Father's children. I know he takes care of me like he takes care of the rest of his children, so it is so remarkable that every single person is blessed just as much as I am. It blows me away how involved he is with each and every one of us (if we let him be, of course). Who has time for that?! God does haha. So yeah, I am just overflowing with thanks this week. And every week really. I love what I get to do here. We are all just so blessed and we need to show our thanks everyday. Not just by saying "thank you." Don't get me wrong, saying thank you is huge and we have to do it, but we can literally show our thanks by doing something with the blessings we receive. Be a little kinder, more patient, more charitable, things like that. You are all awesome and doing so well though, so no worries. Ho boy I just love you all so much and am so proud of you all for all that you are doing. In showing thanks to our Heavenly Father, or just by being the good people you are. Keep it up!
   Some of you may be wondering why this week was so busy, eh? Probably not, I just think I am super interesting and whatnot. Missionary work is exciting so there's that. But anyway, I will just get started already, enough of this rambling nonesense! Monday was normal pday. We mostly just cleaned because we had be neglecting that. Tuesday we have a bunch of appointments that were awesome. We have a visiting teaching assignment, so we saw one of our sisters and she was so cool! She served a mission in the greatest place (Utah) the Temple Square mission, and we just helped her cook then shared a message and it was awesome to get to know her better. She was so cool I was really pleased with how well our time with her went. And it was a lady we don't work with as much or see around church, so it's was nice to have that opportunity to get to know her better. Oh man, I just love the people here, they are so sweet!!! We also had a sweet lesson with a lady named Hildah this last week. She is so cool, she invited her sister over to listen too (booyah, refferal). Her sister's name is Natalee, a name that is very dear to my heart because of one Nate the Great back home who I love, so that was fun to meet another Natalee. Anyway, the lesson with the two of them went well and the sister (Natalee) gave us her info because she was interested, so we passed that along to the missionaries in Montreal, and we will see how that goes! We also had a D.A. with a super awesome family in our ward. In my first week I met them and the mom was so nice to me. She just said something like, "one day my daughters might be out in the world doing what you're doing, and I want members to take care of them too, so I'll take care of you." Bless her heart. I owe her a lot. Anyway, the food was awesome and they have a little girl Cory's age who is almost as crazy as he is (but let's be honest, no one is as wild as the Puff Daddy), and some other daughters too who are all funny. So it was fun to get to spend some time with them. Then we taught English class, which I still love. The people there are so cute and just like me, learning a new language and whatnot. I hope I am a decent teacher since I have to lead the lesson (being an anglophone and all dat). It's just fun though, I like doing it. Wednesday we did a bunch, some service and some lessons. Gerd (the German guy we do service for) got back from his trip to Germany, so we got to go help him in his garden again and talk with him. I love being there. Turns out he was in the Hitler Youth too, how crazy is that?! I asked if he had his histroy written down. He said no!! What?!!? I said we could start doing that for service, and he said a lot of people have suggested that to him and offered, but he's not too interested. Hopefully he'll change his mind.
   Thrusday was awesome. Just nothing but incredible. I think my life kind of changed that day. Or something. We had a 70 come, Elder Carlson, and give our zone conference. It was so crazy spiritual that by the end of the day I was drained. In a good way, revelation is always good, no matter how tiring it can be. He talked a lot about finding people and teaching, and it was really useful and inspired, so that was really cool. The highlight though was in our mission leadership council (that's a meeting with all of the zone leaders, sister training leaders, president and his wife, and this time Elder Carlson). There was just a lot of spiritual power there. And brotherly love too. I can't explain it really, but I know I am supposed to be here for a reason. I also know that this is Heavenly Father and our Savior's work, and man is it being hastened. I am just an instrument in the Lord's hands, and I have never realized until now how special an opportunity that is. Wow, this work and this life really, are amazing. Like I said before, I am truly thankful.
   Friday we had some sweet lessons. One of them fell through so we walked around the block and just talked to people and handed out our card. It was great. Not everyone wants to talk to us, but there always is someone whose interest is spiked and even if they don't say we can come back, you can tell that we've left them something new to think about. There really are some sweet people here. But there are also soooooo many little hipsters and heshies! Have I told you that before? It's worse in Montreal. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, and there hipster\hesh style and all that, but one day too much heshiness is going to kill me. But for now I am ok. You probably don't know what I mean but "hipster and hesh" either... Well, there isn't time to explain. It's not important really. I also don't know who the "you" is that I am addressing when I write these. Sorry if there is ever confusion. I guess I am just talking to you all really.
 Saturday was super sweet too. President called us Friday night to see if we would go to Montreal again to represent the missionaries in a public affaires training. It was awesome! We learned so much! They wanted to get some people prepped for when The Book of Mormon Musical thing comes to Montreal, because they are anticipating some press. So, we learned how to handle interviews and hard questions. It was sweet because it was super applicable to everyday missionary work too. I learned a lot and President Faust's son was the one who taught it, so we got to meet two 70's this week! See what I mean, this week was just too gr8. Then we went back to Longueuil, had two really good lessons (one ended in eating some Haitian food, aka the best food mmmmmmm), and one pretty bad lesson. We need to work on preping our members for our lessons, because sometimes things get out of control and we don't really have the reigns on our lesson and it is no good. It was a bummer to have a lesson like that, but it taught us a lot and will help us improve for next time. I hope you all had a chance to see the women's conference! Ok, not you all, but you women. It was really good. At least I think it was, I watched it in French so I didn't quite catch everything. But, the spirit speaks in every language, and it was definitely there. Go to the temple. That's what I for sure picked up.
   Sunday was sweet too. We had three lessons, three hours of church, and then stake council, which is a meeting with the mission president, the zone leaders of our stake, the stake president, the sister training leaders (so us), and this time all of the bishops and branch presidents of the stake were able to come too. It was pretty dang sweet. I don't have much time to explain, but basicallly, the church is so incredible. So divine, inspired, organized, and all of that kind of stuff. I just realized yesterday how much people around the world are dedicating there lives to establishing the Lord's kingdom on the earth. Aka doing the most worthwhile thing you could be doing. But don't worry, there are plenty of ways to be doing that, fulfilling your calling, for  example, is an awesome way to build the kingdom. Anyway, it was really cool to be in that council and talk about how we can improve the missionary work in the Longueuil stake, and also just in general around the world. There is doctrine to back everything we do, and it is incredible! I just don't doubt for a second that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is our Savior's true church on  the earth today. The foundation, structure, organization, principles, doctrine, and everything are just too perfect. No one else but our Savior and Heavenly Father could pull all of that off. I understand of course, that sometimes mistakes are made, but I know that those are only because we, as humans, are imperfect and we make mistakes. I hope that we can remember that sometimes things go wrong, and we think it is the church's fault. But it's important to remember that while our Savior's church is perfect, the people inside it are not. We have to be like the Savior in all that we do, and that means forgiving others when they make a mistake. Just because I am a missionary doesn't mean I have some magical power to be perfect. Same goes for the bishops, teachers, and other leaders alike. We have to be patient, and trust in the Lord. He will correct mistakes, but sometimes we have to be willing to change our hearts and give it some time. Anyway, I am not sure where that came from, but I know that this church is true. I hope you all know that I would not be giving my sweat and tears for 18 months to a work I wasn't certain is right and true. There is nothing more important than letting others know that they can be saved and live with our families forever. So we have to keep doing that, missionary or not. I am thankful for the wonderful blessing it is to be a missionary. It's changed me. I am different. Still super funny and humble and smart and just pure sweet, but I am different, and hope to keep getting better! Trust the Lord and give him your life, be consecrated in all that you do!!! You will not believe the blessings you can receive!
   I love you all and hope you are safe. I pray for you and miss you, but right now, there is nowhere else I want to be than in Cranada. Keep up the good work, and sorry for my awkward ramblings... I just love the gospel is all. Alright, until next Monday, happy September 29. TWO 9 to the gravedirt!!!!
   Love your (daughter, sister, friend, missionary stranger or whatever),
 Soeur Kinghorn
P.S. Everyday just seems to have been "super sweet"

No comments:

Post a Comment