Monday, February 16, 2015

Duke's mixture


Hello Framily,
   Dude(s), sorry for my email last week. I just forgot that I was even writing and I just like sent it or something. I really don't even know what happened, it just got all weird like last week and my brain felt like oatmeal or maybe couscous because oatmeal is soggy and my face has been dryer lately. Kenneyways...
   It's been about -butt degrees around here lately, but it's all good and I like it because that's just how Cranada is, eh? Say that last line in a Canadian voice for the full effect. The cold can't stop us though because we still went out and contacted and just did our thang. So I don't know if everyone got to read Marshall's wedding advice to his brother and sister in law, but ho boy did that just like wake me up. Yup, turns out I got married here and haven't been a good wife. No, but mission companions I suppose are like our spouses, and I learned again this week that I will not marry a girl, but I also learned that really it is time that I myself "straighten up and fly right." I don't know if it is obvious but my companion and I struggle and it is ridiculous. What frustrates me the most is that we both know better and we both usually get along with others super well, but for some reason, us together is a serious Duke's Mixture. Like holy cow! But, thank goodness for the Atonement. And a talk that I read called Lord, Is It I? I would recommend that you all read it. After reading Marshall's letter thing and some serious pondering and self evaluation, I am learning that it absolutely does not matter who the problem is, whose fault something is or who is to blame, we are agents unto ourselves and we are free to choose "liberty and eternal life through the great mediator of all men or to choose captivity and death according to the captivity and power of the devil, [and oh boy is it true that] he seeketh to make all men miserable like unto himself." Therefore, the "problems" we seem to have, can be solved or at least just overcome if we will only choose to do what is right. And in this situation here, what is right is not to be right, it is to be selfless and love regardless of how annoying, how wrong, how whatever you may think your companion is. Mission or real life wise. Today I read in Doctrine and Covenants about the Word of Wisdom, before I had asked Heavenly Father a question through prayer, and I found out the response through the introduction of D&C 89. I was wondering about a problem I have been having lately, and I didn't know how to go about solving it, and in reading the summary thing, I just realized that like Joseph Smith, I just have to ponder about it, and inquire of the Lord. That is what Joseph always seemed to do, and because he had faith, he was answered, just like all of us can be. I think this email is going a little bit all over the place, but I just want you all to know that it is true that Heavenly Father answers our questions through the scriptures. Believe me, I did not think that I was going to find the answer to my question in the section of the scriptures that talks about the Word of Wisdom, but what do you know! Found it. I just know without a shadow of a doubt that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that if we humbly abide by it's precepts we will be blessed and SAVED. Sorry, sometimes I just think we over look that last part.
   Anyway, things are going well here or at least they are going to go better (somehow I became a turd again and need to change... it's probably because I have been hanging out in -turd degrees all the time.) If you need to repent and change, just do it, it makes life waaay easier. Love you all so much, until next time!
Chow.
Snooop 

No comments:

Post a Comment